Integrative Medicine for the Underserved is a collaborative, multidisciplinary group of people committed to affordable, accessible integrative health care for all. Through outreach, education, research, and advocacy, we support those dedicated to promoting health in underserved populations. Together we work to shift the current paradigm towards wellness, prevention, patient empowerment, and self-care.
- We believe health care is a right.
- We believe optimal health care focuses on wellness as much as on treating disease.
- We believe optimal health care addresses mind, body, and spirit.
- We believe that the social determinants of health must be addressed.
- We believe in the power of integrating diverse health care modalities and disciplines.
- We believe underserved patients and those providing their care need unique kinds of support.
- We believe collaboration and sharing improves patient outcomes and inspires providers to remain whole-heartedly engaged in this work.