IM4US Executive Director Job Description
- 80-100% time position negotiable
- Compensation: $60-100K, commensurate with experience and total hours
- Exempt, Salary Employee
- Term: Long-term based on Periodic Review
The IM4US Executive Director (ED) will assume primary responsibility for the remote oversight and execution of all operations, fiscal management, and strategy of the organization to realize promotion of health equity through integrative health care and more broadly.
The ED will build and oversee the infrastructure necessary to execute the mission and vision of IM4US. They will cultivate and maintain collaborative relationships with the organization’s partners, funders, and members. The ED will virtually oversee day-to-day operations; guide staff and contractors as they pursue their duties; liaise with our fiscal sponsor’s Advisors and Management Team; oversee event planning and implementation; ensure that members are informed and engaged; and represent IM4US in a variety of settings.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Annual Conference
- Manage and oversee in-person and/or virtual conference planning and implementation
- Secure conference sponsorships
- Lead marketing/PR activities
- Provide monthly conference updates to board
- Organizational development
- Implement existing strategic priorities , including expanding programming for members (e.g. regional or virtual events)
- Supervise any future staff or consultants (i.e. development or grant writer)
- Develop organizational workflows
- Communication and Social Marketing
- Supervise and manage communications activities
- Implement fundraising plan
- Respond to grant writing opportunities to secure grants
- Secure directly or indirectly 2-3 times his/her salary in funding from individuals, public organizations, foundations, corporations, etc.
- Cultivate and maintain relationships with funders with support from the Board of Directors and Advisory Board.
- Set SMART goals for growth and sustainability aligned with organizational priorities
- Board Development
- Identify potential new board members
- Participate in board engagement
- Assist in development of agendas and Board reports for Board meetings
- Co-pilot organization with Board President
- Support board/membership committees in meeting their objectives
- Monitor committee progress and report to membership
- Reporting and Engagement
- Report to board on a monthly basis of plans, progress, and to request approvals
- Keep community updated on membership statistics and engage membership for input
- Develop and implement ongoing member engagement programs (e.g. mentoring or chapter programs)
Education and Experience
- Master’s degree in management, non-profit administration, public health, social work, or other field relevant to Integrative Health preferred
- Previous ED or Interim ED experience preferred
- Demonstrated experience promoting health in underserved populations through clinical care, public health or advocacy
- Demonstrated understanding of Integrative Healthcare field
- At least 5 years of experience serving in a managerial role and supervising multiple staff
- Project management experience
- Experience coordinating conferences or other large events
- Experience managing grants and organizational budgets
- Demonstrated portfolio of fundraising success including grant writing and individual donor outreach
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Demonstrated executive management, change management, marketing, strategic leadership skills
- Fundraising including grant writing and individual donor outreach
- Strong written and verbal communications skills in English
- Fluency in Spanish or another language preferred
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, Adobe Acrobat, Salesforce, and Netsuite preferred
- Experience with grant and financial management and reporting
- Experience working with diverse communities
The position will report to the IM4US Board of Directors with Board President as primary contact.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds. Employee must have the ability to attend meetings, sit and operate a telephone and computer up to 8 hours per day.
Must be able to work occasional evenings and weekends. A personal vehicle or public transportation may be utilized. Will work virtually from home office space with occasional travel to represent IM4US at conferences or conduct fundraising activities.
How to APPLY
To apply, email firstname.lastname@example.org with your up-to-date resume and cover letter. In your cover letter, please provide contact information for three professional references who you have known for at least one year who can attest to:
- integrity, work ethic, and commitment to health equity, and
- management experience including measurable outcomes
Applications are due by Oct 5, 2020 with an anticipated start date of November 1, 2020.